Eco-Friendly Apartments in Chapel Hill, NC
This means forward-thinking green and healthy initiatives will be incorporated into the building materials and building design to enhance and improve the quality of your Link Green lifestyle and footprint. Link Apartments® Linden will comply with the stringent requirements of the National Green Building Standard (NGBS) and upon construction completion will earn the prestigious NGBS Green Registered ™ Bronze Level. This Home Innovation Green Building Standard process involves compliance with multilevel inspections and mandatory green provisions throughout the entire construction process.
What does NGBS green certified mean?
- Redevelopment of an urban infill site
- Insulation and HVAC systems maximize efficiency
- Drought-resistant landscaping without irrigation
- Low light pollution
- Reflective roof decreases urban heat
- Low-VOC paints and carpet
- Energy-efficient windows and lighting – lower electric bills and increased comfort
- High Performance ENERGY-STAR® appliances
- Designated recycling locations
- Programmable Thermostats
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Low-flow faucets and shower heads – save water and energy
- Smoke-free living